Tuesday, October 17, 2006

No title comes to mind


silly cartoon
----->

With the help of a Higher Power, decision-making can be one of life's great adventures. Each crossroad brings a new challenge, and I am capable of dealing with whatever comes my way.
COURAGE to CHANGE, page 53

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

I've now gone a week without a cigarette and don't want to smoke again. (I did not stop smoking because I felt poorly. I stopped mainly because of societal pressures and personal ones. Health would have been next. LOL)

that good habits are as easy to develop as bad habits

to see 2 friends return to AA quickly after relapsing

that I know that when I don't benefit from the experiences of others, I ain't paying attention

that the flooding yesterday was not too bad where I live

I'm not what Willis was talking about

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
-Louisa May Alcott

13 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

I feel sorry for Kermit - more for his arse than anything else. Must hurt like hell being fisted for all those years.

:-D

JJ said...

One week......way to go brother!
I see you,
JJ

Mary Christine said...

One whole week without a cigarette is pretty amazing!

Hannen said...

Way to go dAAve. Oddly enough, I've been trying to quit too. I went 3 days w/out one (fever) and now I'm down to 4 a day. I have the patch but I'd prefer not to. Good luck. You can do anything!

dAAve said...

hannen
Quitting has nothing to do with it. I simply became a nonsmoker. No patches, no gum, no cravings. It's all about attitude with a little step work thrown in for good measure.
And you're right - I can do anything.

Carly said...

Congrats on 1 week as a non-smoker!

Tennessee Santa said...

Well I really liked the Kermit toon. The storm quote makes me want to take up sailing. Oh and a week without a smoke is really good. I thought that quitting smoking for me was harder than the booze. Then when I was finally willing it was not so bad.

Trudging said...

Smoke free for a week, you Stud Muffin you.

Redhead Gal said...

I like your attitude toward quitting. And I'm glad you are choosing to do it before your health has been affected.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Hilarious cartoon, dAAve! So glad to see your success too :)

lash505 said...

LOL I didn't expect the hand..

Anonymous said...

Yippee for you Dave on not smoking!!! And, by Willis do you mean from that old show about the two young boys that were adopted? "Whatchyou talkin' bout Willis?" Cos I say that to my kids a LOT.

Scott M. Frey said...

congrats on the week of vacation from smoking... keep going my friend!