Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Opportunities and Progress


things i AAm grAAteful & hAAppy AAbout ...

for little reminders here, there, and everywhere that the less I try control every aspect of my life and those lives around me, the more I enjoy my life and the people around me

for the progress I'm making on several fronts ...
... my recovery
... getting a second auto
... paperwork to help a certain person move to the USA

for my perception of the topic at the noon AA meeting yesterday -- "What an order! I can't go through with it."

that I can go through with it, if I so choose

that I have been able to function despite some pretty serious insomnia

for a phone call from a friend who's desperate to stop smoking -- asking me for help!!
I would never have believed this scenario just a few months ago.

that St Louis (NL) leads Detroit (AL) 2 games to 1 in the Best-of-7 World Series

that tomorrow is

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.
-Ann Landers

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dave! It's so awesome that your friend called you for advice about not smoking. Sometimes it's the people at the beginning of a program -- but who have more time than we do, even if only a few days -- who give us the most hope for getting through today.

So glad that you're cigarette free and sober! Thanks for sharing the grAAtitude.

Mary Christine said...

I love that you are helping someone else quit smoking. That is wonderful!

Ricky!!! said...

I thought you would be rooting for the underdogs Detroit

Tab said...

Learning to let go of control has made my life so much smoother too.
(Who would have thunk!?)

I love that someone has asked for your help in quiting smoking.

Good luck with that paper work.
My niece is also going through that paper work to the States from here.

That is a great post Daave..life in action!Thanks for sharing it here :)

SCoUt said...

I suggested to another blogger that she check you out on the not-a-smoker front. I hope she pops in on you.
Nice to be able to "give it away", dAAve.
I am not sleeping well either. Is it something in the stars?
Peace,
Scout

recoveryroad said...

Thanks for your kind words at my place.

I loved the aircraft pic.

((hug))

K .x.

Diego said...

Funny and painful but true, the sign.....Great job on staying quit from cigarrettes...

Shannon said...

Go daave- no smoking- helping others.. go daave

Trudging said...

Thanks Dave, your comment on control is exactly what I needed to hear when I needed to hear it.