Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WEDNESDAY G


Hayden and my sister
last month at her home


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Mom's surgery went smoothly - she had her feeding tube replaced

for having a sense of humor that allows me to fit right in with a bunch of smart-ass doctors and nurses

for a really good AA meeting about resentments

that a friend continues to attend meetings although he's not quite ready to stop drinking (I sooooo identify with this)

that I'm chairing the Wednesday 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut group this month

for the Courage of my 2 good friends in the UK, Liz and Kenny, who are both going through some serious health challenges

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy -- get your cameras out today!

Kindly words, sympathizing attentions, watchfulness against wounding men's sensitiveness--these cost very little, but they are priceless in their value.
-F.W. Robertson

9 comments:

NMAMFQLMSH said...

During my Monday night meeting I sat across from a woman who was out of her mind drunk and I reminded myself that at least she was there and what our only requirement was.
About half way through the meeting she took out a pen that had funky hair on it and a silly face and started dancing it across the table.
It took everything I had not to laugh.
Personally, I was happy she was there.
I see you,
JJ
PS: Glad Mom is doing well.

Trudging said...

Very cute picture!!

Trudging said...

P.S. Eyes Wide Shut is a great name.

Mary Christine said...

Love the picture of your sis and Hayden.

Gwen said...

Great pic!

Glad Mom's surgery went smoothly. This is always a good thing.

As long as they keep coming there is a chance.

See at HNT!

G~

Tab said...

Hayden is so handsome!

Good to hear all went well with your Mom yesterday and you fit in with the smart ass doctors and nurses...that made me smile.

Sounds like you are keeping busy.

I hear you about Kenny.

Thanks for sharing Daave.

A Tampa Realtor said...

Howdy! Great photo Dave!! Today I am GrAAteful!

Redhead Gal said...

Glad mom is doing well and hope she is comfortable. My dad's got a feeding tube in too.

Anonymous said...

So glad to read that your Mom's procedure went well this past week...