Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WEDNESDAY G


Hayden and my sister
last month at her home


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Mom's surgery went smoothly - she had her feeding tube replaced

for having a sense of humor that allows me to fit right in with a bunch of smart-ass doctors and nurses

for a really good AA meeting about resentments

that a friend continues to attend meetings although he's not quite ready to stop drinking (I sooooo identify with this)

that I'm chairing the Wednesday 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut group this month

for the Courage of my 2 good friends in the UK, Liz and Kenny, who are both going through some serious health challenges

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy -- get your cameras out today!

Kindly words, sympathizing attentions, watchfulness against wounding men's sensitiveness--these cost very little, but they are priceless in their value.
-F.W. Robertson

8 comments:

JJ said...

During my Monday night meeting I sat across from a woman who was out of her mind drunk and I reminded myself that at least she was there and what our only requirement was.
About half way through the meeting she took out a pen that had funky hair on it and a silly face and started dancing it across the table.
It took everything I had not to laugh.
Personally, I was happy she was there.
I see you,
JJ
PS: Glad Mom is doing well.

Trudging said...

Very cute picture!!

Trudging said...

P.S. Eyes Wide Shut is a great name.

Mary Christine said...

Love the picture of your sis and Hayden.

Unknown said...

Great pic!

Glad Mom's surgery went smoothly. This is always a good thing.

As long as they keep coming there is a chance.

See at HNT!

G~

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Howdy! Great photo Dave!! Today I am GrAAteful!

Redhead Gal said...

Glad mom is doing well and hope she is comfortable. My dad's got a feeding tube in too.

Anonymous said...

So glad to read that your Mom's procedure went well this past week...