Tuesday, October 03, 2006

TUESDAY G


Houston skyline
in September


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am leaving for my Mom's nursing home at 5:30am today to take her for a surgical procedure (it's a 40 minute drive to get there)

that I make good coffee at home - whew!

that I will make-up for a missed AA meeting because of my commitment to myself

to be working with an active alkie who still finds reasons not to go to daytime meetings, but is learning that I won't take no for an answer

for sponsees who (seem to) listen

that working Step 5 taught me the great lesson of talking things out (I'm only now realizing this)

that shortly after I arrived at Starbucks at 4pm yesterday, by myself, within 20 minutes another 6 Lambda Center members happened by and we had an AA fellowship meeting amongst the earth people who didn't have a clue what we were up to or about

for the new topic on SOBRIETY SOCIETY - drop by and comment

A pleasure is not full grown until it is remembered.
-C.S. Lewis

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for your Tuesday G.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for your Tuesday G.

Shannon said...

I am smiling for your meeting within Starbucks amoung the earth people

Trudging said...

I love those meeting before the meetings

Gooey Munster said...

Those Earth people, I just don't get um.

JJ said...

that shortly after I arrived at Starbucks at 4pm yesterday, by myself, within 20 minutes another 6 Lambda Center members happened by and we had an AA fellowship meeting amongst the earth people who didn't have a clue what we were up to or about

That sounds absolutely friggin' great!
I see you,
JJ

Gooey Munster said...

PS

How wonderful that at this time when your mom is in need of assistance, you are able and willing.

lash505 said...

You are a good person.