Thursday, January 25, 2007

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy


Has anyone seen this drunk in a map store?

he's HERE too along with the rest
of the kooks at


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to hear some different thoughts on how us addicts escape from our problems through isolating, eating and other ways

that I had the opportunity to chair the noon meeting at Lambda (filling in for someone who couldn't make it)

that we all have different talents and can help others in various ways, remembering that virtually every human unit has some impact on someone else

that Gwen gave us a new topic of discussion on SOBRIETY SOCIETY

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence, but by oft falling.
-Lucretius

9 comments:

Pammie said...

mornin' Dave...you gotta admit that as a "group of people" we can come up with some very creative ways to escape our problems and boredom. My favorite is all the wild excuses of why people stop going to meetings. Some of those reasons are as original as the old drinking justifications. Have a good Thursday.

JJ said...

Map store? Well you know I have to know why you were in a map store.
As always it is a pleasure looking at you.
JJ

Sunshine said...

Me too! Why were you in a map store??? And its SUPERGOOD to see you back to your chipper self!!! : ) I missed you! I bet the sun shining today helps too!

dAAve said...

JJ / lex
I was at that store showing it to a friend of mine. They have some really neat stuff. See the website
www.keymaps.com

Anonymous said...

dAAve -- thank you for your kind words of wisdom on my bloggy. Did you notice I learned how to make the music so that it doesn't auto-start? I did that just for you, dAAve!!!!! Seriously.
Peace and gratitude for you,
Scout

Mary-Anne said...

You never know where we'll end up now that we've learned to take directions. (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

ha..isolation..yep..it is what kept me from sharing in a room with others for years.Last night I took a big step out of my zone and in to a Coda meeting.I don't want to be isolated in my codependency recovery anymore.I love there are people like you Daave who have a talent for sharing and inspiring.
Love Tab xo

Mike said...

I like what Pam posted, I usually figure if I need and excuse, then I need a meeting.

Hope you get the dang bank thing worked out.. It's giving me a resentment.....

Meg Moran said...

I had a human unit impact me once