Friday, January 19, 2007

Spiritually drunk


today's art courtesy of artist

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for some AA brainstorming with 2 entirely opposite recovering alkies, yet arriving at the same conclusion

that when I make a commitment, I keep it (whatever it takes) unless my memory glands just totally quit operating

for a Step 6 meeting and some wildly different views on the way Bill W. wrote that chapter in the 12/12

that Scott W led a fine meeting about Serenity; I think many left that meeting feeling ... serene!

that Hayden can make me feel so good from 2558 miles away (I'll be visiting Trinidad & Tobago in early May if anyone wants to join me on the beach there for a few days)

to introduce another new recovery blogger, CAM PASSI ; he's from Lambda of course, here in Houston

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
-Steve Bartkowski

11 comments:

Todd in H.K. (formerly Mr. H.K.) said...

Ah, commitments!

I keep em too!

Our word is the only thing we have....

Scott W said...

I really appreciate hearing opposing points of view. I have discovered what I think is not necessarily what I believe. Whatever that means.

Noor Azman Othman GBE said...

Seem like your memory glands are still in good order. Love your post.

Trudging said...

Ah, Trinidad!

NMAMFQLMSH said...

Beach....where.......yeah sure just as soon as I pay all my bills.
JJ

Mary Christine said...

Can I just tell that thing that I want to display non-secure items FOREVER!!!!!!!

OK, sorry. I NEED to go to the beach, as you can see.

Grace said...

dAAve, I've put a post on my blog re the HNT problem, as I'm not sure how to sort it out or contact blogger!!

AAwoken said...

Memory glands? I knew you were an alien...

Sober @ Sundown said...

It is nice to have friends that you can count on. That is a wonderful characteristic to have.

Trinidad beach? Sounds like fun.

Tab said...

There is just someting naturally serene about Scott W ~

piglet said...

yeah, pencil me in for that beach trip. i just gotta work on my bank robbery plans in order to fund the trip :)

and scott, that comment totally makes sense to me for whatever that's worth...