Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Total Package


this picture is indicative of a Catholic person who is driving a bit too fast


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a great AA 4th step meeting led by the inimitable Bob S. (30+ years without a drink); I shared that the most valuable lesson I get from working and practicing the 4th step is looking at my part in everything that happens in my life -- good and bad

for a laid-back Monday followed by today; I don't have a clue what lies in store for me today, but I know I can handle it, hopefully with some grace and aplomb

for the word ... aplomb

for the thoughts on life and living that I didn't have a concept of even a month ago -- I am changing!!

that everything I experience on this journey is part of my
Total Entertainment Package

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson

13 comments:

Pammie said...

I love the "total entertainment package"..idea. I think I'll try to look at my life that way today! Notice how we are always at the computer at the same time in the mornings?....I wonder if we are wearing the same thing.

dAAve said...

most likely, we are.

Scott W said...

If you are wearing a black teddy with black feather trim, then you and Dave are wearing the same thing.

Trudging said...

Hang on Jesus

Sober Steve said...

Love the quote. I will still soe those seeds even if it seems to be the wrong season.

Peace
Steve

Mary Christine said...

Oh darn it! Mine has PINK Feather Trim!

ArahMan7 said...

Aplomb to all.

Anonymous said...

LOL.I love that ..entertainment package...we can consider bad days like boring commercial breaks huh?
Hope you have an interesting day ahead..what ever it may be..I know you are ready for it..or even just its simplicity.
Do I see Cheeto crumbs on your shirt?

Unknown said...

acceptance and sangfroid.

Shannon said...

I am so glad I know a new word now.. LOL
and I love that pic

Sober @ Sundown said...

Too funny, dAAve! You find the most entertaining stuff!

Meg Moran said...

you are sooooo wonderful

Anonymous said...

i swear that isn't me dave :)