Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Things to remember


pavement art
by
Julian Beever
for a short video

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I had a psychic change when I needed it -- another example of my HP doing for me what I could not do for myself

that I never have to experience an alcoholic bottom again; also called incomprehensible demoralisation

that I don't go out of my way to behave in such a way as to set myself up for resentments - I have seen a rash of this over the past few days by people sending out unnecessary emails

that today I can carry on a relatively intelligent conversation with Hayden on the phone, every day and remember it! This is not like the old days.

that a weekday 12:15pm AA meeting @ Lambda Center is not complete when Scott W is not there

to discover Lounge Daddy - another recovery blogger

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursday - make sure to update your blog with the new URL

Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who stood their ground.
-Anonymous

9 comments:

Pammie said...

Hi Dave...it's very brrrrr out there. I wonder why I did not have enough sense to bring in my plants last night??? I'd like to sit by that sidewalk art....and just people watch. Have a good warm, sober, happy Wednesday.

Mary Christine said...

What's up with this "snap" stuff? I hope I am not sounding delusional (again).

I think there should be a "wait" key on every computer and it should always be used when you are about to send an ugly e-mail.

Scott W said...

Turns out I could have easily managed to make the meeting yesterday, I didn't see the dr until 3:30!

MC, what is "snap" stuff? Emails sent without thinking?

Go here for some aeresol paint art:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs4wSAlqe_A&mode=related&search=

Shannon said...

yea.. what is "snap"?

The news said you guys will start warming up! I sure hope so.

Unknown said...

I think it is really cool that you have a blogger buddy that is also a meeting buddy. You are blessed my friend.

Have a great Wednesday and I will see you on HNT!

ArahMan7 said...

Really love the video. Maybe MC were talking about 'Snap Preview Anywhere'. Maybe I'm wrong - my bad!

Trudging said...

Hey I like that snap stuff, its is way cool.

Tennessee Santa said...

I still think that side walk are its just great. I have decided that I am just going to wait around for the other nut so I can work on the oak

Anonymous said...

Hey hey Dave :)
I was h[AA]ppy to discover you, too buddy


Keep it going in Texas, that’s an awesome and blessed state you live in. I plane on seeing it for myself some year.