Friday, March 04, 2011

As this week comes to an end .......




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the things I get to do today, just because I'm not gonna be drinking. In my drinking days, if I didn't get it done by about 9am, it probably wasn't going to happen. I'd be drinking by 9 and wouldn't be able to drive for the rest of the day. I certainly would not have the incentive or ambition to do much around the house. It would interfere with drinking. My whole damn day was consumed by ... consumption!

that I'm able to pass along wisdom learned from others --- to others

that I don't have to apologize for being the person I should be

that spring training is well underway in Florida and Arizona -- the 2011 baseball regular season begins in just 4 weeks!


You know you love someone when you know you want them to be happy,
even if their happiness means that you are not a part of it.
- Anonymous


5 comments:

Syd said...

Great quote. I am glad that you are who you are. You are a constant here for me. And a constellation.

Linda Bartee Doyne said...

I love the newspaper clippings and the quotes. And let's hear it for baseball!! Yeah!

Pammie said...

GO ASTROS!!!

JeremyRT said...

All consuming consumption indeed! Very grateful to not feel that way any longer

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Have a great weekend, Dave!!