Friday, March 18, 2011

Time does matter




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for many birthday greetings yesterday -- somehow, I've now managed to live for over 57 years

for Step 5 - "Admitted to God, to ouselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs." When I first did this with my sponsor at about 8 months sober, it taught me about being open and frank with someone. As rigorously honest as I could be. I learned about trust. And I attempt to continue that trust with the people with whom I work.

for the text on step 5 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. It talks about the relationship between isolation and loneliness on page 57. I really identify with this writing.

for a long, slow recovery

A person acting from a motivation of contribution and service rises to such a level of moral authority that worldly success is a natural result.
- Marianne Williamson


2 comments:

Pammie said...

YIKES..I missed saying Happy Birthday! Is it too late? Has the birthday ship sailed?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!

Syd said...

I am sorry to have missed saying Happy Birthday yesterday. So Happy Birthday today!