Tuesday, March 15, 2011

on a roll!




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'm often wrong about people when I make assumptions; one would think that I'd learn mot to make assumption, eh?

for the formal education I received as a youngster

that I no longer have to struggle to remember the bad things I might have done last night

that we got a little rain yesterday - finally!


Here’s a question that was posed to the Dalai Lama:

"What thing about humanity surprises you the most?”
His answer was as follows: “Man”
Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn’t enjoy the present,
And as a result he doesn’t live in the present or the future.
And he lives as if he’s never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.



3 comments:

Pammie said...

I enjoyed the rain and the dark skies!

Syd said...

Assumptions--I still make them on occasion but mostly I just deal with those pesky expectations.

steveroni said...

I like the Dalai Lama!