Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Read this advert!



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful
that yesterday, Syd wrote about choices and balance. In recovery, these are the things that I strive for. The choices seem to come naturally since I stopped drinking. A whole new world opened up to me, just by not being drunk. Balance. This is something new to me and it's a daily goal. I've made progress, but still have a long way to go. Maybe this is the journey we talk about, which has no real destination.

for a reminder about my last 10 years of drinking. We read a story about having the morning shakes. Before I could write anything I had to get a beer or two in me. Occassionally even drinking a cup of coffee was nearly impossible, without using two very careful hands. I'll do anything to avoid reliving those days!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

2 comments:

Syd said...

That quote from Mark Twain made me smile. Balance is a journey for sure.

Pammie said...

I'll do anything to avoid reliving those days as well....