Monday, March 07, 2011

the way it is .......




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a wonderful experience this weekend. We had a fundraiser at Lambda Center and my homegroup (6:30am AA meeting Eyes Wide Shut) participated with an entry. Each entry (team) had to build a small Mardi Gras-type float using a grocery store shopping cart as the chassis. We spent about a month planning and buying materials and costumes and putting it all together. Our entry won the competition by raising the most money (from the crowd).
Winning is nice, but the fellowship and teamwork we had was incredible. I can't include pictures because of anonymity issues, but trust me, the float and the costumes were out of this world!!

that Step 3 has really been in my face lately (that's a good thing, a real good thing)

for the awareness that most of my troubles are of my own making (damnit!)

that even though I'm staying very occupied, I am still fighting the tempatation to isolate. Not sure why.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

4 comments:

Syd said...

I am going to meetings this week on a regular schedule. I have been out during the day for a few hours. It feels so good not to be only at home. I need to be with other people. It lifts my spirits.

JeremyRT said...

Congrats! Have a great week!!

marie said...

I am always glad to catch up on some higher powered news. thanks for sharing so consistently.

btw, love the photo...that's like raiding an active alcoholic's mind and finding resentments...a real DUH! moment...lol :D

Pam Jarnagin said...

Awesome about the float! Congrats and I'm so glad it was such a meaningful experience for you. Why do you want to isolate? Um, you're an alcoholic. ;) ((HUGS))