Monday, March 14, 2011

Thoughts about Gratitude





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for our speaker Saturday night at Lambda. He came from Austin (a 3-hour drive) and brought a 6-man contingent/support group with him. They are all very inspiring.

for all the things I have, beginning with my life, my sobriety and my friends. These things are so much more appreciated and held close to me when I watch the chaos that is happening in Japan and in Libya. I'm an avid watcher of news and world events, so it's really staying in the front of my thoughts.

for those who "get it" and those who are hoping to "get it"


The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.
- Neale Donald Walsch

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, Thank You, that would suffice.
- Meister Eckhart

Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
- Jean Baptiste Massieu

Appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder and even ecstasy, however stale these experiences may have become to others.
- Abraham Maslow


2 comments:

Syd said...

I am an avid news watcher as well. Horrid stuff happening in Japan.

steveroni said...

I do not watch TV any more--for anything. But I receive news online, and I believe the world will not be out of the woods for a long time, on this one (Tsunami).