Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A rather simple life.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the life I have today.  It comes as a result of doing a few things ...

... finding a higher power to which I can surrender (most) of my will
... deciding that I'd rather live a sober life instead of the drunken life I had for so many eyars
... hanging around a bunch of people with whom I normally would not mix
... helping others when I can without having any expectations
... remaining teachable


Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
~Edward Sandford Martin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, dAAve! I've only recently returned to my bloggerish adventures. I'm so glad to have found yours! One can never have too many good-natured smart-a$$es in their life. Recovery is GOOD. Simplicity rocks, and I plan to have a gr8ful and sober Thanksgiving Day. Come check out my blog when ya get a minute. :)
(www.abbiegrrl.blogspot.com)

Syd said...

Some good stuff. I'm glad to be around a variety of people. Sometimes it can be tedious but I do learn.