Thursday, November 01, 2012

smile





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for sober days and sober nights.  I was thinking about my previous life (when I drank to oblivion every night) when I had that absolute obsession to start drinking as early as I could get away with each day.  Ya know, it just didn't matter what was going on in my life -- good stuff or bad stuff.  It just didn't matter.  That obsession was there all the time, until I gave in to it, which I did each day without giving it a second thought.  Unless you're an alcoholic, you could not possibly appreciate the depth of these feelings.  This is why I must stay spiritually connected to my Higher Power.  Without that HP, it probably wouldn't be too long before I would be back sitting on a barstool.

So I do the things I do in order to stay spiritually fit.  Right now, I'm writing these words as a reminder to myself. 

Thanks for putting up with me.


I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. 
~Charles Schulz

1 comment:

Syd said...

Thanks, Dave. My good friend, D., just celebrated 22 years on Nov. 1. I will go see him pick up his chip on Saturday night at the BB study. I'm glad that you both are sober.