Tuesday, November 13, 2012

more steps





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a meeting about Step 3.  "Made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."

that it occurred to me that not only is Step 3 about taking action, it's also about not taking action.  I must make the conscious decision to turn over my will (this goes against all my instincts).  I must let go of the instinct to run the world around me.    By doing this, I'm NOT TAKING action that will work against me.  Does this compute with any of you guys?  Or do I need to focus on returning to sanity?  LOL

A hangover is the wrath of grapes. 
~Author Unknown

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was contemplating the third step when I was new, some sage asked me this:

q. If a frog makes a decision to jump off a log, where is the frog?

a. on the log. He made the decision, but hasn't yet taken action.

And then the person told me I take the action by leaping into the fourth step.

Syd said...

Yes, to me it is about letting go of the outcome. With people it is my realization about the other person having a HP and I'm not it.

LOL to MC on the frogs. A similar analogy is written in How Al-Anon Works. It says if three frogs are sitting on a log and one of them decides to jump, how many frogs are left on the log. I said 2 when I was doing this step but the answer is.......Higher math here...3!

member #1128 said...

I agree. You do 3 by doing 4.