Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Just a little spray

A couple of days ago, I wrote about my experiences with mushrooms.
For a few months during my college days (~1975) I sniffed aerosols.
I am not proud of this, but I can't change the past.

I would get a spray can of Bactine First Aid spray (not sure if they still make this product). Then it was just a matter of spraying some into a plastic baggie and puting the baggie to my face, covering the nose and inhaling. The high was immediate and lasted only a few seconds. So,of course, it had to be done several times.
This was always done in conjunction with drinking beer and smoking a few bong hits.

I still find it absolutely amazing that I ever graduated.

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am very protective of the few brain cells remaining above my neck

for an easy-does-it Monday, my first day to really relax in about 10 days

for a very powerful AA meeting this morning at 6:30 in which a good friend shared about real, tangible growth he experienced yesterday as a result of 1) not giving in to the obsession he felt to reward himself wih a drink 2) getting to a meeting / working the program

that we have a good lineup of contestants for this weekend's Lambda fundraiser - The Gaylywed Game

that I can pay my bills, especially Bill W.

that I was in someone's dream -- in this dream, I was leading an AA meeting -- LOL

that I got my 50,000th blog-hit yesterday - it took about 18 months to achieve

"EACH DAY OF SOBRIETY IS A TESTIMONIAL TO MY ATTEMPT TO BE A HUMAN BEING"
- My Mind Is Out To Get Me

14 comments:

Scott said...

I remember the first time I tried Coke. I was NEVER going to do that, that was for addicts and junkies... I remember my dad telling me the Pot was a "gateway drug." Whatever dad... have another manahattan! Well, it seems to me that I was stoned when I first tried Coke, I was stoned when I started buying Crack from some very unsavory strangers on the street corners of Houston. I was stoned when I first tripped on 4 hits of acid, I was stoned when I first dropped X...

I did a lot of stuff I would "never do" under the influence of drugs and alcohol. It's stuff I am not proud of but it's part of who I am today and it got me where I am today. So, in that regard, I am grateful.

Melody said...

Well guys include me,Dave ,my experience in school was freon..add the rest,maybe thats where all the hot air comes from lol

R.J. said...

Congrats on the Mega Blog Hits!!!
If I know anything about you, it's that you have LOTS of functioning brain cells. Your advice and insight is astounding.
And thank you for the Bactine, Beer & Bong recipe. Sounds delicious. (Yuck... you KNOW I'm kidding about that!)

Tab said...

What Scott said.

Relaxing is good ~

In your gaylywed game are the couples legally married?
Check it out...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Canada
Another reason why I love being a
Canadian!
You always pour so much thought,
honesty ,time and humor in to your blog Daave...no wonder you have had so many hits here!!!
Thanks for sharing~

Scott W said...

Guess I will be the one to spill the beans, Dave has ghost writers!

Gwen said...

Giggling at the Bactine First Aid spray. I got carded buying spray paint in Home Depot the other day. Things have not changed much I guess.

G~

Sober Chick said...

OMG, anything we will do (or in this case did) to get ourselves out of ourselves in a non-spiritual way.

Congrats on the blog hits!

lash505 said...

I thought you got a cat when I saw the title. I inhaled anything.

Diego said...

dAAve, "gaylyweds"? Boy I have to see that..AnywAAy, I hope you have a grand time and get some rest in between....

Mary Christine said...

How do you get so many hits? I am happy because I am only a few thousand away from ten thousand. sheesh.

My fave was Pam and Arid Extra Dry. Don't know what I was thinking, but I huffed mass quantities of both. Can't believe I am even alive let alone functioning at all.

Doc Holliday said...

great blog


come check out dixiecatfish.blogspot.com

Jake McCafferty said...

I had a bad scrape on the back of my leg not long ago -- you know, a hard to reach place requiring a spray. I tried to buy Bactine at Wal-Mart, and I couldn't find it. It may still exist, but I'd say it's not a good sign when The Great Store of Satan doesn't have it.

NMAMFQLMSH said...

And I am # 50,178 & 50,179 because my memory stinks and I forgot the number and had to go back and look again.
I see you,
JJ

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »