Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Ray of Hope

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I saw a teenie, weenie bit of improvement in my Mom's physical condition yesterday - for the first time since her stroke last October - she actually tried to speak a word (for the first time) AND she tried to swallow (again, for the first time)

that my choice to have a good attitude yesterday - worked! all day long!!

for a great AA meeting yesterday at 6:30am - the topic ... Sex in Sobriety (this is a big deal for a bunch of gay guys early in sobriety)

that by practicing Steps 6 and 7 constantly and consistently, there is a ray of hope

that I didn't give up 5 minutes before the miracle

that I found it easy to become as passionate about my recovery as I did with my drinking

for a historic baseball game last night - Astros vs Cubs - the historic part is that there were 2 starting pitchers, each with over 300 lifetime wins pitching; this was the first time this has happened since 1911 (can anyone tell me who the pitchers were last night?)

that I have a friend who can assemble desks and put up shelves using a drill and a screwdriver

People may fail many times, but they become failures only when they begin to blame someone else.
-Unknown

6 comments:

Lee said...

Flad there was some improvement with yer mom!!

Scott said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is improving... good for you, sharing God's Grace by being there for here every step of the way...
I love the photo dAAve, I think you've found yourself! Now, it's just what to do with what you've found??

Designer Girl said...

That's awesome about your Mom. Love the quote, too. Something I really needed to hear/read.

sirreene said...

Someone told me of a surgeon who had a stroke and lost all mobility on the left side. Took over a year but he was able to practice surgery again. So good news about your mom and wonderful to have friends.

Diego said...

dAAve, so everyone has managed to ignore your nose so far....I'm glad for your Mom's improvement and I wish you both the best.....Diego

Shannon said...

that last quote is good