Saturday, August 05, 2006

Have a seat, please

I purchased a 3rd (very soft) leather chair to complement the 2 new recliners I got a few days ago. The cats approve.

These 3 chairs replaced ones that were either worn out or dated back to the 80's.

A couple of you guys asked earlier this week what type of job I had that would enable me to travel and work in the places that I did. Well, it's a secret. LOL
I was in the oil exploration industry. surprise!! Houston?? More specifically, I was involved in logistics and re-supply of offshore boats that were contracted by oil companies to find the oil that eventually ends up in our vehicles and supplies energy to our homes. This work took me to many countries. Maybe I'll write more about that soon. Maybe not. In the meantime, for this weekend, remember these words ...

For most normal folks, drinking means conviviality, companionship and colorful imagination.
It means release from care, boredom and worry. It is joyous intimacy with friends and a feeling that life is good. But no so with us in those last days of heavy drinking. The old pleasures were gone. They were but memories. Never could we recapture the great moments of the past. There was an insistent yearning to enjoy life as we once did and a heartbreaking obsession that some new miracle of control would enable us to do it. There was always one more attempt -- and one more failure.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS - page 151

10 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Always interested in hearing more about your travels...

And yes, it was time for those old chairs to GO!

Mary Christine said...

I like the new chair. And the kitties.

Greg said...

Good Morning Daave, Heve a good day today

Recovery Road London said...

I'm with the cats on this one - cool chair(s).

Avast. Salty old dogs. Shiver me timbers. And other sea-going cliches.

Unknown said...

Love the chair the two kitties are sittin on.

Wow, an oil guy huh. Never would have thought.

Have a wonderful Saturday and thanks for your posts.

G~

My adventures said...

damn, and i was thinking flight attendant... coffee, tea, ME?

lash505 said...

The new chairs are great, the old ones might work at a recovery center or alano club.

Rex said...

Love the new chairs. Missed reading your inspiring posts everyday, and am so glad to be back.

Trudging said...

Nice chair

Pam Jarnagin said...

Cats ARE the most intelligent animals! And, they have good taste, too.