Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Experience

the dining room


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I went to a really nice AA meeting where we discussed Step 9; a step that changed my life tremendously

for the drama I don't create these days

that sometimes my experience is all the proof I need

that I had a busy day preparing for a bad storm although as I publish this, it appears tht Houston will be spared once again

that a seat belt is not nearly as confining as a wheelchair

EXPERIENCE

"Time is the wisest counsellor."
-- Pericles

"Experience is an asset of which no worker can be cheated, no matter how selfish or greedy his immediate employer may be."
-- Napoleon Hill

"The good times we put in our pocket. The hard times we put into our heart."
-- Les Brown

"For years I have been accused of making snap judgments. Honestly, this is not the case because I am a profound military student and the thoughts I express, perhaps too flippantly, are the result of years of thought and study."
-- George S. Patton

7 comments:

Pammie said...

ooo love the pic!
my company shut down today.

Mary Christine said...

I am glad that Eduoard is leaving you alone.

Zanejabbers said...

Excellant seat belt analogy.

Trailboss said...

I too am glad Houston was spared. That is one thing that I don't miss about living down there. A hurricane would have a hard time getting all the way up to Kentucky!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

"that sometimes my experience is all the proof I need"

Yes!

Scott M. Frey said...

nice d room dAAve, very sleek and sophisticated! glad y'all are dogding the brunt! I've been thinking of all my friends down yonder!

Anonymous said...

i love the colors in your home.