Friday, August 08, 2008

Faith



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


that I can sometimes recognize messages that continue to bombard me in the face

that FAITH is the principle behind Step 3

that today is my sponsor's AA birthday; he means so much to me

that we no longer have ashtrays to empty at Lambda

that tomorrow night, at the age of 54, I will make my drag debut at Lambda Center. I will be lip synching to the song, "Satin Sheets" sung by Jeanne C. Pruett. If someone is brave enough to take pictures, maybe I'll have one to post next week. Pray that doesn't happen.

FAITH

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"I do not believe in a fate that falls on men and women however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act."
-- G.K. Chesterton

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith."
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Material success may result in the accumulation of possessions; but only spiritual success will enable you to enjoy them."
-- Nido Qubein

12 comments:

Bill said...

It certainly looks as though there's room for me in your new home if I visit Texas.

I wish I could be there for the drag debut!

Anonymous said...

You as a drag artist - even I would pay money to see that. Just think how far you have come - you would never have done anything like that four years ago!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pic of your kitchen, daave. and i liked the quotes about faith.

Mary Christine said...

Wow. Your house is pretty. And I bet you will be too. Hope someone takes pictures.

Scott W said...

After Saturday I will have almost seen it all.

Dharma Kelleher said...

Have fun doing the show! Please post pictures!

My adventures said...

That number sounds like it would be worth the price of admission! Too bad I won't get to see it!

Pammie said...

Oh please please let some pictures surface!!-I do hope you have practiced the proper way to sit in drag....ya can't just plop down in a chair ya know.
Love the house-love the kitchen island!

Syd said...

I like the kitchen. Good luck with the show. And I'm sure that someone will sneak some photos.

Zanejabbers said...

i GAYRONTEE there will be pictures.

Not God said...

Nice kitchen. I gotta catch up as I've been gone for a while.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE those photos, very jealous of such a beautiful home and so neat :)

i HAVE to see you in drag, which means someone has to take video of you as well.