Friday, November 11, 2011

eleven eleven eleven



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for One's

today's date
the first step
my first year of sobriety
my first sponsee
my first girlfriend
my first sexual experience
my first drinking experience

What can you add to this list?


The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand,
nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship;
it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Also, I can't forget that it's Veterans Day.



My fellow Americans,
ask not what your country can do for you;
ask what you can do for your country.
- John F. Kennedy





3 comments:

Pammie said...

My first meeting.
My first child.
My first Reece Penut Butter cup.

Mary Christine said...

My first fellowship after the meeting.
My first sponsor.
My first grandchild.
My first marathon.

Syd said...

My first sponsor. My first car. My first kiss. My first boat.