Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Step 3



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the power behind Step 3.  We talk about surrendering to win.  Well, Step 3 is where this happens (for this alkie).  The obsession to drink to get drunk was lifted when and only when I surrendered my drinking life to my newly-conceived Higher Power.  I gave up.  I was done (Mary Christine wrote about this yesterday).  Make no mistake, without that HP which began to develp in Step 2, the lifting of that obsession would never have happened.
And to me, surrender means I don't take it back.  It's genuine, it's real, it's sincere.  And it's forever (I hope).

for peace of mind in a chaotic world

for my willingness and faith to stay in integrity

that we're finally getting some proper autumn weather and temperatures in these parts, good buddy

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

It's genuine and it's real. Right on!

Syd said...

I am glad that you surrendered. And you are a winner for sure.

Carol said...

The coffee explanation made me LOL. I wish you could comment on my blog, I relish your encouragement. If you have any ideas how I can adjust my settings to be more hospitable, please email me at stiverrn@gmail.com