Thursday, December 27, 2012

Awareness

Did any of you guys think yesterday was Monday all day?  My head could not get past the fact it was Wednesday.


todAAy I AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I love to go to AA meetings.  They keep me aware of many of my assets and liabilities.  I'm not sure if so-called "normal" folks have this stuff available to them, especially on a regular basis.  I know that I didn't have the opportunity of awareness when I was an active-drinking alcoholic.
So, if I have to pick one gift of sobriety, I think awareness may be my answer.
Of course, freedom and choices come in near the top of that list, but awareness is tops for me.


Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living without shame would be my favorite gift.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy Tuesday!

Syd said...

Discovering and liking myself is a big one for me.