Monday, December 17, 2012

My mind is out to kill me



today I am grateful & thankful

that I have a bunch of friends.  It's good to remember this when I feel like isolating.  That's how I felt this weekend.  I wanted to just stay home and talk to no one.  That's what I wanted to do.
Instead, I ...

... went to 2 AA meetings on Saturday and 1 on Sunday
... ate breakfast both mornings with friends from the AA meetings
... helped a new friend in recovery look for a good, used vehicle (this took 3 hours of driving around)
... had dinner on Saturday with 6 people from the program
... attended a fundraiser at my recovery center
... attended a memorial service for a program friend who died of a heart attack last week

My mind is out to kill me.


A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else.

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Wow. What a weekend. I am glad you are able to take steps to not succumb to your mind trying to get you.

Gavin said...

the game is mental remember and you have a thinking disease...your mind won't kill you unless you let it...you have a tool kit, you have a program, you are not alone...it's a beautiful day.

Syd said...

I understand the wanting to isolate. I tend to do that and have to force myself to do things and get going out of the house. Some days I'm just tired though so being home is a luxury.