Sunday, January 30, 2005

I told you so (but don't believe me!)

I have long known that it is not wise to believe anything I hear coming from the news media.

In a weak moment this morning, I was channel surfing the news. Why, oh why do I do this to myself?

ABC NEWS reported that a gentleman in Oklahoma had built a snowman/ice sculpture which resembled Shrek II, complete with spray paint. This wonderful sculpture was said to be nine-feet tall.

I flipped over to NBC NEWS and they were reporting the same story. But NBC had it at only eight-feet tall.

If these so-called "professional journalists" (highly paid as they are) cannot even get this simple fact straight which requires no more than an accurate tape-measure, how can anything else they report be taken seriously?

They had no insurgents firing at them or politicians needling them to slant the story their way. It makes me think that Jon Stewart (Comedy Channel) is the most reliable news source remaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen !!