Wednesday, May 25, 2005

AA Bullshit Bingo

Do you catch yourself falling asleep in meetings? What about those long and boring drunk-a-logs? Here is a way to change all that...

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, prepare yourself by drawing a square.
I find that 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following word/phrases in each block:

1) Issues
2) Inner-child
3) Living Amends
4) Meaningful Relationship
5) Slip
6) I'm Stuck on Step __
7) I Couldn't Find A Meeting
8) My Sponsor Has Been Out Of Town
9) Can't
10) Won't
11) Yeah But
12) But....don't you think
13) Misunderstood
14) Never
15) Rational Recovery
16) Recovering Person
17) Searching (as in, "for answers")
18) Gonna (sometimes prefaced with, "I'm")
19) Been thinking (sometimes prefaced with, "I've")
20) She said
21) He said
22) Dysfunctional
23) I heard
24) Rage
25) I don't know much about this, but...

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words or phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"

TESTIMONIALS FROM SATISFIED "AA BULLSHIT BINGO" PLAYERS:

-- "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." Adam W., Atlanta
--"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." David T., Tampa
--"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." Dan J., NY City
--"The atmosphere was tense in the last "Honesty" meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box. Ben G., Denver
--"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed out "BULLSHIT" for the third time in 20 minutes." Joe T., Miami

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the morning laugh.
Peace - JJ

Hannen said...

I was worried today that somebody was going to shout bingo in the 12:15 meeting.

Recovery Road London said...

LMAO! Fantastic! I'll steal it for my blog.

When I hear someone preface a 'wise' remark with #25, I always want to say aloud "...so shut the f*ck-up"! Maybe one day....

Anonymous said...

i like to play online bingo at littlewoods bingo