Thursday, February 02, 2006

Daily Progress

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Mom's getting over the "crud" (this is a big deal because she is not able to cough to clear her throat)

that even though I got severely stressed (nearly bent out of shape) yesterday morning, I was able to let it go, once again

for the magic of the program of AA recovery

to be asked to share a tidbit of my AA story -- I chose to focus on what happened when I hit bottom

that when asked to share my story (see above), I only had 5 minutes to think about it instead of days and days to consider what to say

that I usually don't mind being a ham (and cheese)

for the importance of practicing Step 6 on a daily basis for as long as I live; if and when I stop doing it, I can add at least one more character defect to my list

for Scott's sexy voice (This Too Shall Pass)

to be asked to serve on another recovery-related committee; of course I said YES!

that my plate is now full and I have all the utensils I need

that I am not too overly envious of my UK friend Liz going to Australia for 6 weeks (bitch!)

Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
-Oliver Goldsmith

4 comments:

muylajuana said...

You're doing good, dAAve. I'm in awe of all you're going through--the untangling of red tape, all the insurance stuff, your mom's illness and slow recovery, all the emotional stuff and your committment to your program. And you still keep that sly sense of humor. Way to go, dAAve!

Alexis said...

all your commitments to this fellowship and the service work you do is inspiring. Keep on Keeping On.

Shannon said...

for the magic of the program of AA recovery- it works it really does!!!!!!!!!!

Sam said...

glad you spoke - i'd love to hear your story