Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Gifts of Gratitude

"I will be more afraid of spirit-unrest, of soul-disturbance, or any ruffling of the mind, than of earthquake or fire. When I feel the calm of my spirit has been broken by emotional upset, then I must steal away alone with God, until my heart sings and all is strong and calm again. Uncalm times are the only times when evil can find an entrance. I will beware of unguarded spots of unrest. I will try to keep calm, no matter what turmoil surrounds me."
TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY, Hazelden Meditations for February 21

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my Mom is so accepting of her illness and her surroundings

that Honesty got me sober and Tolerance keeps me sober

for the Freedom of knowing I am powerless over most things

that I can often admit when I'm wrong without suffering too much pain

for a phrase that Mr H.K. reminded me of some time ago ...
"When you need a job done, ask a busy person to do it"

that I am a busy person (LOL)

If you like a man's laugh before you know anything of him, you may say with confidence that he is a good man.
-Fyodor Dostoevsky

9 comments:

castor said...

:-) Dostoevsky is always right :-)

Shannon said...

I was reminded recently of my powerlessness and had freedom from it too... love it when I finally let go... thanks for sharing

sirreene said...

for "gifts of graditude"! claps!

muylajuana said...

Thanx for singing Happy Birthday. I appreciated that.
Love the quotes and the post.

NMAMFQLMSH said...

Happy Tuesday!

Mary Christine said...

Love the Dostoevsky!

lash505 said...

I like that and ones laughter is always good as you know my friend.

mold test said...

Warning...Warning.. Safety Tip of the WEEK...If you are having problems with colds and sickness in your home and you live in a moist wet ares of the country. Then you might want a mold test .. If you see black dust looking stuff on your walls or around your bathtub,shower or sink then you probaly have a mold problem and need to get a mold test . Dont panic and think you need to get a mold test right away. You can use bleach to clean it up with some paper tools and then dispose of the towels a trash bag. If you need some more info visit http://moldinfo4u.com .. I hope you have a safe and sickness free home...

cool gifts said...

Cool stuff.

Regards,
Shopping Hannah
cool gifts