Thursday, February 16, 2006

Love and Tolerance

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a growing ability to tell my Mom how it is -- sometimes I have to treat her the way one would a child and this is new for me (does this make sense?)

that tomorrow is Mom's 83rd birthday

to hear a raw story from a newly recovering addict

for a good lesson in tolerance from a 30-year recovering alkie

that I sometimes have more patience with life than I did 3 years ago

that we're making good progress with Lambda fundraisers (there is a lot of "behind the scenes" effort that goes unnoticed)

that today will see some major changes in the interior design of my home (a finished paint job, some new furniture)

to meet another addict in blogland, go by and pay her a visit -- girl addicted

We must have the courage to allow a little disorder in our lives.
-Ben Weininger

1 comment:

Jake McCafferty said...

Happy birthday to Mother Powered! As for feeling odd about telling her the way it is, that's called Powdered Butt Syndrome. Once someone has powdered your butt, it's hard to tell them a lot of things.