Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Imagination!

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we got my Mom moved into her new and most likely permanent nursing home yesterday with a minimal amount of difficulty

that Mom agreed to live in a semi-private room until a private one is available; her roommate is also unable to speak so there won't be any long conversations between them

for lunch with my sister afterward. We have not sat down to lunch, just the two of us in a restaurant, maybe ever!

that I never imagined that just by being sober, I could do the things I now know I can do

to see a friend return to the rooms of recovery, especially at 6:30 in the morning

that I have always preferred to do things the smart way instead of the hard way -- with two BIG exceptions ----- Can you guess what they are?

that the real esate agent my sister and I recently contracted to sell Mom's house is both gay AND a recovering alcoholic; We're Everywhere!!

that the agent (see above) used to attend Lambda Center 20 years ago

that Steph from soberInsanity is out of rehab and blogging from Ft Lauderdale

Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are.
-Mark McGinnis

2 comments:

Scott W said...

No, I cannot guess what they are.

David D said...

Wow! That's a lot of gratitude! I'm glad everything is working out and you see the gifts. I'm glad your friend is back in the rooms. You are a courageous man!