Sunday, December 19, 2004

Bitch & Vent

It seems like as I continue to grow in my program of sobriety, I have become less open to certain things. That seems strange to me because a good AA program consists of being tolerant, open-minded, willingness. And I do try to be those things towards other people, but, well, here's what I'm talking about ...

Television -- today's sitcoms suck. I just don't find them funny. Drew Carey almost does it for me, but it's gotten stale. They are all so negative or else they are just about sex. Nothing wrong with sex, mind you. I love a good sex scene, but on a sitcom that's supposed to be funny? And for kids? I am down to watching these and that's about it:

Seinfeld reruns
Everybody Loves Raymond
Will & Grace
Queer Eye (the first season only; they got too full of themselves after that)
West Wing
The Apprentice
Biography (just about anything they have on is good)
History Channel (too much war stuff though)
Comedy Channel (hit & miss)

Considering how much is on over 100 channels, 24 hours per day, that ain't much. Forget the news channels, both local and national. It's all fluff locally and the national news is the opinions of reporters, not the actual news.

NEXT

Overheard in an AA meeting -- one guy was talking about the movie "Polar Express". The following person who spoke talked about the fact that he's been riding "The Bi-Polar Express" most of his life. (it was funny at the time)

today's pic (look closely)
4


Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. --- Scott Adams

No comments: