Thursday, December 16, 2004

Catz & Hate

I have always been a cat lover since I was a kid. I have a friend in recovery who was an avid cat lover for a day. He wasn't in recovery on that particular day though. It must have been a time of really crazy inebriation; you know, the kind when nothing matters, no one matters, just give me another beer. I'm old enough to know that guys will be guys, girls will be girls. Most teenagers who grow up to be completely heterosexual have "experiences" nevertheless. And teenagers who grow up to be homosexual have experiences with the opposite sex. These things just happen. But my friend took one of these experiences a bit further. Since this is the family hour, I won't provide any visual here; suffice it to say that his cat was never the same. You figure it out.
I suppose we all love animals in our own way.

Scary Cat 3 Kitties

I am trying to remove the word "HATE" from my vocabulary. I don't hate anything OR anyone. There are, however, a number of things I don't like and a number of people who behave in ways that I don't like. And I don't like the word "HATE". Its connotations are just too negative when I am trying to live a peaceful and serene life. As examples:

I do not like tomatoes
I disapprove of the fact that Sadaam Hussein murdered millions of people.
I cannot condone Scott Peterson's actions.
I do not agree with athletes who are cocky and abusive.
I don't care to watch many shows on television.

today's pic

Ireland - Cork - my pub 1991
City Centre, Cork, Ireland
"my pub of choice"

No comments: