Monday, December 20, 2004

Tweedle Dee

For any Lambda readers, it was a great weekend there in case you missed it. But that happens all the time, in case you miss it.

Spanish singer Julio Iglesias was on television with British TV host Anne Diamond when he used the word "manana". Diamond asked him to explain what it meant. He said that the term means "maybe the job will be done tomorrow, maybe the next day, maybe the day after that. Perhaps next week, next month, next year. Who cares?" The host turned to Irishman Shay Brennan who was also on the show and asked him if there was an equivalent term in Irish.
"No, in Ireland we don't have a word to describe that degree of urgency.", replied Brennan.


today's pic
Apollo 8 Earthrise I took this pic on one of my late night binges before I stopped drinking. I really don't remember taking it, but it was on the film, so I guess I did.

No comments: