Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Have some Spirit

I don't go to church.

I do go to a lot of AA meetings, where spirituality is so very important. Not religion, mind you, but spirituality.

I keep hearing ... "if God is willing, then ..." or "God willing, I will be able to ..."

If I have learned anything since gaining some spirituality during my sobriety, it's that God is always willing. It is I that must be willing. God (as I understand Him) has always been there for me but I always kept the door shut. When I was willing to open the door to accept God (as I understand Him) into my life, He was there and He remains there as long as I am willing to stay in conscious contact with Him.

Religion and Spirituality are two different concepts. Religion is for those who don't want to go to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

today's pic
Christmas Present
I can't wait for SANTA CLAUS to get here.


1 comment:

Scott W said...

I can't wait for Santa to come either, and maybe he won't be quite so nelly as to pose like that.