Saturday, December 18, 2004

Life CAN be what one makes of it ...

I'm still waiting for word about a potential job offer in Nigeria. I spoke with the owner of the company late Friday. He said, "I am going to wait until after the holiday period to make a decision whom to hire. Let's talk again then." Well, isn't that nice? Now I get to wait another 2 or 3 weeks, in the meantime keeping my personal life pretty much on hold. I'm unable to make any plans longer than a fortnight from now. Maybe I am being tested? I don't know. I'll just keep coasting, trying to remain happy, joyous and free; peaceful and serene. Ya know, that ain't so bad, is it?


today's pic

1971  Age 17
OK. Here's an example of what AGE and 32 YEARS OF DRINKING can do to a person.
Above: me at age 17 (when I first began drinking and smoking dope)
Profile Pic: me at age 50 and one year into sobriety
--- nuff said ---

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Nah, you look pretty terrific for a fifty year old.