Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Letting Go

I'm trying to let go of a resentment and I will after writing this. It concerns recent accolades poured onto Mr Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church. This is apparently the largest television ministry in the US, and originates from here in Houston. Twenty years ago Mr Osteen's father led that ministry and my boyfriend at that time attended a few of the services with his mother and grandmother. I didn't go because I don't like churches and what they stand for. The Reverend Osteen continuously preached that homosexuals are inferior human beings and are condemned to go to hell (as he understands it). This had a very, very negative effect on my boyfriend's self-esteem (he was 21 at the time). He could never get over that negativity as to who he was and when he came down with HIV/AIDS shortly afterwards, felt totally abandoned by the church. They are both dead now and I guess they must chat with each other daily about what life in hell is like.

Now Joel Osteen, the loving son, sensing the $$$$$$ that can be made by being less self-righteous, has welcomed the gay community to his fellowship. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP !!

HYPOCRISY AT ITS FINEST

I guess the gay community has either forgotten what that church preached, is ignorant of it or has forgiven them. All I know is that the Rev. Osteen set back the gay movement more than George Bush ever thought about. I wanted to send them an email to express my feelings, but to do that they require my personal information ie: home address, phone number etc... I ain't giving them that stuff.

I had another nice chat with Hayden (a different former boyfriend) last night. He is thinking about moving back to town from Trinidad. Wants to go to nursing school. Interesting. He's got to obtain a student visa so he can do that. I have set up a lot of new boundaries regarding him and have to be careful about how much assistance I can be. Wish him the best o' luck though.

Hayden - Paddy's Day 2003

Hayden


No comments: