Thursday, February 17, 2005

Reaching Out

When my head is in a bad place, I just don't feel like talking to other people.

It's like, "Leave me alone to wallow in my own misery."

When my head is in a good place, I love to talk to other people. Therein lies the problem.

I have to learn to REACH OUT to others when my head is in that bad place. That is how to get out of that bad place. Life is easy when it's good. Life is good when it's easy. But life doesn't throw the easy times at us all the time. Occasionally life is tough. For everyone. This is when our character comes out in its truest form. If I can learn to "shine" when life is tough, it won't be tough for very long. It will get better. Others will appreciate me for it and I will gain self-esteem and confidence.

But waiting for it to get better sucks. I have to REACH OUT.

No comments: