Sunday, April 10, 2005

ISM

At first, I just didn't know it. Then I was told it. I tried it. It worked. Then I forgot it. I was told again. I did it again. It worked again.

I'm not just an alcoholic. I have alcoholISM. They tell that ISM stands for incredibly short memory. That's me. Oh yeah, that's me. Did I tell you that I'm an alcoholic?

For a couple of weeks, I've been in a largely self-imposed pity party. Oh, I am such a victim! And I couldn't see a way out except to wait for it to pass. They also told me that This Too Shall Pass. But I couldn't see another way out. But of course, because I went to another meeting I finally heard what I needed to hear. A reminder (again).

Just ask God. Ask your Higher Power. If you really mean it, He'll take away those thoughts.

It worked. Again.

No comments: