Friday, April 08, 2005

Justin

The phone rang at 3:27am. I got up and went downstairs to open the door for Justin. He was just arriving. He had called yesterday afternoon to let me know he was coming.

Justin (AKA Jimmy) lives in Austin, about 200 miles west of Houston. He comes to town about once a month to make a little extra money with some regular, local clients. Justin is a Certified Massage Therapist and Instructor.

He’s also into yoga and is a former ballet dancer (note the legs). Justin is a very laid-back kind of guy. He loves to meditate. I admire the way he can go into an almost trance-like state and close out the rest of the world. The only time I could do that was with the assistance of a lot of booze and a handful of joints. When I’ve tried meditation, I just fall asleep.

When he’s in town, Justin sleeps here at my place. I live in the middle of all the action and it’s a good central location for him to be based for the few days he’s here. We have the strangest relationship I’ve ever had with a gay guy. We’ve never had sex. Here’s this handsome man with a gorgeous body, sleeps with me and walks around sans clothes and we’ve never had sex. That’s just not where our relationship has taken us. He has no fear of being raped by me. Nor me by him; he’s into guys closer to his own age. We can and do talk about anything and everything. I give him a set of house keys while he’s here so he can come and go as he wishes. I could count on one hand the people I would give my keys to. There would still be a couple free fingers left over.

They told me when I got sober that I would only have to change everything. Old behaviour for new behaviour.

It’s all about trust and integrity.

justin 5    3 05 justin 1   3 05
Justin from Austin

3 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Trust rocks. And it's groovy in recovery when people begin to trust us again.

...and sex; that Black Angel. A killer of friendships....

It's cool to have 'just friends'.

Good for you! :-)

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I think a similar arrangement would make me insane. Although, I'm not usually into younger guys anyway... So I guess a non-sexual friendship might work...

But...

Meanwhile, have a GREAT weekend!

Grace said...

What a fantastic friendship to have, I'm jealous! Kennys right, sex does strange things to friendship.