Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And he was already an alcoholic

1972 Prom

I dug these pictures out of a shoebox while clearing out my Mom's home the other day. I had not seen them since the mid-70's. My prom and graduation were in 1972.
My parents refused to spend the money to rent a tux and accessories, so Mom handmade the entire outfit, including tie. I can remember, at the time, being so embarrassed that I couldn't get a rental tux and had to "bum it" wearing a homemade suit. Wish I still had the tie. LOL

1972 Graduation

11 comments:

Trudging said...

Forget the tie, I wish I had your hair today.

Mary Christine said...

You are so dang cute! I cannot imagine MAKING a tux. No wonder your mom has a son who is so present in her life.

Scott W said...

That wallpaper!
That gigantic tie!
The lapel trim!
The ruffles!
That goofy smile!
That lopsided hairdo!

God, I miss 1972.

Alexis said...

I think you look VERY handsome in your graduation picture! and how the hell do you make an entire tux? Your mom rocks! : )

joey said...

You were cute then, but you're handsome now.

Shannon said...

how you doin??

NMAMFQLMSH said...

I love old pictures.
I see you - really I do,
JJ

david said...

i'd like to see martha stewart try making a tux from scratch... wow... i'm impressed...

red head gal said...

ahh, who can forget the seventies?? You have a wonderful smile, dAAve!

R.J. said...

I'm sure you've heard this before, you look so much like Kevin Bacon in those photos!

castor said...

Such beautiful photos, but you really didn't alter, you became only a little more mature :-)