Thursday, March 09, 2006

Recovery from Me

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I didn't throw away any of my Mom's 1000's and 1000's of photos from her travels around the world -- I am taking some to her on each of my visits so she can see them again

that my Mom had the foresight a decade ago to purchase and maintain secondary insurance for Long-Term Nursing Care

that the Director of her nursing home has been of such great assistance to me with secondary insurance paperwork

that I could be of help to a couple of recovery friends yesterday

for Carol's story of despair and the honesty that has relieved her of that

that we filled up a whole hour with discussion about Tradition 9 this morning and did it with good shares from a variety of people

for the Spring weather we're now having - the temp is hitting the low 80's every day

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

6 comments:

Rex said...

I'm jealous......we got a pile of snow dumped on us last night!

NMAMFQLMSH said...

80's........WTF
I hate myself today.
jj

Alexis said...

Its summer! I'm loving it! And those spring thunderstorms are rolling in. I love those.

thanks for the crack(ed) mirror comment! LMAO!

Daily Piglet said...

Dave, thanks for sharing this list. I remember wanting to literally choke my Dad when I found out that he didn't spend the extra $1 to $2 bucks a week for the long term or short term disability, and no will. He had no idea how totally worth it he was to spend those extra dollars.

12StepSteve said...

Dave

I know how much I enjoy looking at my photos from years ago. What a wonderful thing that will be to do for your Mom. She sure is lucky to have you for a son.

Steve

Mr. H.K. said...

We're having your Spring weather here today.

Meanwhile, Happy Weekend DAAve!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog