Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Life on the run ...

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I got through yesterday unscathed, unbruised and sober

to sort of realize at least one of the reasons why my Mom is still living on this planet

that we will soon have my Mom resting in a facility which provides long-term Skilled Nursing care

that my commitments to recovery brought me out of the mini-exhaustion I felt during the late afternoon

that I was asked to lead the 8 o'clock meeting last night even though I had plans NOT to go

that I'm getting a little better at doing a 10th step each night -- creating a good habit is much more difficult than getting rid of a bad one

that you're reading this today

RESENTMENT IS LIKE LETTING SOMEONE LIVE RENT-FREE IN YOUR HEAD.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

You are doing great! My prayers are with you and your Mom

Shannon said...

Yes its time evict those bastards... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
glad your mom keeps impoving

One Drunk to Another said...

Daave, caring for a parent when they are elderly and sick is a blessing with lots of heartache. My heart and prayers are with you!