Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mountains of Gratitude

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I got to see my Mom walk 50 feet - twice - yesterday morning, without her becoming dizzy or too tired

for Hope that she may soon begin swallowing and then talking

that prayers - mine, hers and many others - are being answered each day

to hear the story of a 2-month recovering alcoholic and the obstacles she's faced with Courage

that I get feedback when I listen

for phone calls from friends

that next week is Roundup here - our little gay AA convention

that I'll get to meet 2 of my favorite bloggers from Minnesota at Roundup

for my home and the security it provides me

that tomorrow is SW's BIG day!!!!!!!!

The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
-Anonymous

3 comments:

Ricky!!! said...

Thanks for posting about the Mankind Project. I honestly don't know what to think about it. A little scary. I have thought what else could I ever do that would top my military basic training, A.A. teachings, and just life lessons.
Everything in that Mankind Project is expensive and there is always another workshop that it seems like they "have to go"
I know there is always 2 sides of the story and I am glad that I saw that one.

recoveryroad said...

I like the mountain/pebble saying. Thanks for posting it.

lash505 said...

I love to hear about your Mom. In some weird way it is a kind of "comfort feeling" I get when you write about her.