Monday, November 28, 2005

Love, Tolerance and Rock & Roll

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a weekend so full of recovery I can only take a lot more

... for the 2005 Houston Roundup - a GLBT AA Convention
... for the 5 AA circuit speakers I got to listen to
... for the time and effort put forth by those involved in the Roundup
... for all of those who contributed to this Roundup and all those who participated over the past 23 years of it

that Mom wheeled around her floor of the hospital yesterday in her wheelchair, by herself and without any IV's or oxygen connected

that she is due to move to a private Skilled Nursing Facility today, 30 days after she suffered 3 strokes

that the only thing I have to do alone anymore is to isolate (well, a few other things, but I won't mention those)

that I am making some improvement on tolerating myself and others

that my contempt without investigation always results in consequences

AT 5 YEARS OF SOBRIETY, YOU GET YOUR BRAINS BACK; AT 10 YEARS YOU LEARN HOW TO USE THEM, AND AT 15 YEARS YOU REALIZE YOU DIDN'T NEED THEM INTHE FIRST PLACE.

6 comments:

Scott W said...

I never liked brains with eggs. But I can say my brain has been scrambled at times.

Shannon said...

LOL I love that after 15 you realize you dont need them... hee hee right on

Chox said...

Sure? ;-)

One Drunk to Another said...

Ahhhh, contempt prior to investigation. I still do that too...

David D said...

Thanks for making it such a great Round Up! I know when I turned 5 I heard a loud pop...it was my coming out of my ass... and I got my brain back... it still doesn't work though. S*?@#!!!!

David D said...

my head... it was my head coming out of my ass... oh, well... looks like it's back in there again!