Thursday, January 03, 2008

following the path ...


bibulous \BIB-yuh-luhs\, adjective: 1. Of, pertaining to, marked by, or given to the consumption of alcoholic drink. 2. Readily absorbing fluids or moisture.

So, drop that word into a conversation and see how many heads you turn.

For example: “I have not been bibulous for 12 years on Jan. 14.”




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that it's not painful to be sober another day, simply by following a set of suggestions

for synchronicity

for doctors that can speak layman's English

that I am not afraid to make decisions

for some nice, cold winter temperatures. But we'll be back into the mid-70's by this weekend. LOL

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
~~ anonymous

8 comments:

Pammie said...

When I was bibulous, I thought I was fabulous...the consenses was not unanimous.

Scott W said...

Bibulous is odious and hideous, and often made me nauseous.

Mary Christine said...

The above commenters use of the word bibulous is ominous. I thought I could join in, but I am just an alcoholic anonymous.

indistinct said...

I love that quote. I need to see the world through God's eyes, not my eyes. Thank you. My Higher Power's thoughts, not my thoughts.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

Indeed, we do see things from our perspective (consciousness). I like the quote, thank you.

Since I didn't know how to spell BBRRRR, I just used BBRRRRRRRR.

Love you,

johno said...

decisions, yeh I am not afraid either, now I have stopped trying for perfection every time :) happy new year my friend

Sober @ Sundown said...

I can't compete with you all.... that would be ridiculous.

Happy New Year, dAAve.

lash505 said...

Ha at a white elephant christmas party this year I got a lucy doll..