Tuesday, January 08, 2008

TUESDAY



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I try to keep the twelve steps as simple as possible

for the times that I am aware of my progress, especially my emotional sobriety

for all the people who are willing to give it a try, even though many aren't quite ready to give it up (I really identify with these feelings since I was once there)

that I saw a former sponsee who has been out of contact for about 6 months -- he looked like a skeleton compared to his former self (another good in-my-face reminder)

some say the road gets narrower as they get more time, but sometimes I think the road just looks narrower because I am fatter.
- friend of Bill

and a bonus quote ...

Don't worry if your work is hard and your rewards are few. Remember the mighty oak was once a nut like you.
-Unknown

5 comments:

Scott W said...

So, you're growing into a REALLY BIG oak tree?

Anonymous said...

you are a nut, daave, and i love you that way!

Syd said...

I think that someone wrote about the nut in my highschool annual.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

who is the dog? very cute !

You and your mom are in my thoughts.

Love you

Mary Christine said...

I am lately having difficulty posting comments on your blog. They disappear.

I love when dogs cross their legs like that!