Monday, January 21, 2008

In Remembrance



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the accomplishments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

that my Mom is out of the hospital and happy to be back in her familiar surroundings

for a new appreciation of the meaning of The Serenity Prayer and a greater understanding of the wisdom to know the difference

that my friend ZANE (ZaneJabber) yesterday celebrated his 16th anniversary of remaining clean and sober

that I am now an inexperienced skydiver with one jump under my belt; an interesting day certainly but not as exhilarating as I had imagined. More on this tomorrow.

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude."
~ William James

4 comments:

Scott W said...

Early in sobriety I had that quote on my mirror. It served me well, so thanks for that reminder.

Zanejabbers said...

Hey Daave. THANKS!

Mary Christine said...

So glad to hear that your mom is out of the hospital.

Bill said...

I was compelled to drop by for some reason, and now I know that it was so I could learn good news about your mom. I'm glad she is back in familiar surroundings.

I await the skydiving story wif bated breff.