Thursday, January 24, 2008

Trudging



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I neither need to nor want to drink any alcohol today; if you knew me 5 years ago, you'd say I am lying

that I'm not a liar

that there's always time to do the important things

that I don't regret my past nor do I wish to shut the door on it

that my sobriety requires willingness, my recovery requires action

"Power is so characteristically calm, that calmness in itself has the aspect of strength."
-- Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

10 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm glad my recovery requires action...some days it's the only thing that gets me off my butt.
God knows I'm willing :)

Mary Christine said...

Have a great Thursday Daave.

My adventures said...

is that your picture, and if so, where? that looks like a road i was on in peru once...

Scott W said...

Is that a one way street?

Remember it's the journey, not the destination.

dAAve said...

dbv ---
That is a road in Peru. I hope it stays there.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

oh I agree about our pasts..
If it wasn't for it-we wouldn't be where we are today :)

Thanks for sharing DAave. xo

Zanejabbers said...

Where's the picture of your face. That is a one way street for the biggest vehicle. HEH HEH.

Anonymous said...

First thing that popped into my head was the Ho Chi Minh Trail...

ODAAT!

Syd said...

Thanks for the reminders that also help me work in recovery. It would make a nice bike ride up that mountain.

Sober @ Sundown said...

Trudging is a whole lot easier with you in the picture.....